I was able to sneak in just a bit of work on this part of the piecing before heading off to vacation. I’m back now, and everything is sorted, so I’m back to my studio. (Yippee!)
I did pretty well on most of these. At one point I turned off my sewing machine for a break, and came back and started sewing again, not realizing my previous needle setting had been lost. I sewed one side of 21 blocks with a standard 1/4″ seam, rather than a scant 1/4″. They seemed to square of fairly well, but not perfectly. “Rather than rip and resew now, I will wait to see how they come together. It might workout just fine. I’m fairly annoyed, but I hate ripping. Careful pinning and matching of points should make it all okay later.” I said, like an idiot. I actually ended up fixing them, because I want to minimize frustration in future steps. And because I must have been spacing out longer than I realized, after I finished the first set of seams, I realized 6 blocks had two poorly sewn seams. All are fixed now.
Here are the trimmings, hanging in a grapevine ball on my bird feeder. Here’s hoping the local birds have some more fashionable digs this year.
The next set of instructions comes tomorrow. I know what I’m doing for part of my Friday!