Yvonne at Quilting Jetgirl is having a 2017 planning linky party. I have very much enjoyed following her planning and accomplishment posts this year. Since I want to be more like her when I grow up, I’m joining in. (Lol. I missed the deadline. Whoops.)
While settling into my new studio, I have realized that I have way too many unfinished projects cluttering up my storage. This year I want to work through them. I need my space for new fabric!
I have other goals, too, which are more about honing my skills and entering the pattern selling marketplace. It’s a big, scary world out there, but I think I’m ready.
UFO List – projects that have been stagnating for months (or years!)
- Patti’s T-shirts – front is pieced, back needs to be pieced as well
- Silk triangles – I need to be brave and quilt this
- Silk wall hanging – finish appliqué portion of pattern
- Washington DC scrappy appliqué
- Doll rainbow quilt
- Dahlia repair
- Farmer’s Wife
- Bin full of partial tote bags
- Winnie the Pooh weighted blanket
- Disney princess weighted blanket
- Denim circles – circles are cut out
I think that will be enough. Sigh. This doesn’t even take into account projects that are in progress, or projects I would like to do. For 2017, I want to finish at least one of these projects off each month. Most of them are already completed tops, because piecing is my favorite.
The tote bags are a project that I started years ago. For a while I was using up decorator weight fabric I had acquired and making tote bags. I would give them away at the supermarket, encouraging people to use them rather than plastic bags. It was fun. I must have at least 15 partial bags squirreled away in the closet. I was fanatical about using reusable bags for shopping. I’ve relaxed a bit, but I still do use them more often than not.
WIP List – these are ones I’m working on
- Flamingos for Mom
- La Passion – I would like to finish the top in 2017
- Katja Marek’s quilts on the grow – I want to get this one moving again, too
- Tula Pink City Sampler – finish off by end of January
That is it. The list of quilts I am currently working on is actually pretty small. Amazing. I do have a few Christmas projects to do, and now that I’m finished with the Picnic Plaid, I should be able to get a fair amount done before Christmas.
Planned projects – I have a few that I know I will be making in the coming year
- Gnome Angel’s Snail Paced Sewalong, using Pen and Paper Pattern’s snail quilt
- Gnome Angel’s 2017 Quilter’s Planner Sew Along. Her #100Days100Blocks was a joy for me
- Molli Sparkles’ Honey Pot Bee
- My machine quilting needs more work. I want to learn more free hand designs than the ones I’ve been doing. To that end, I have started to keep a sketch book with me, and I try to doodle in it a bit every day.
- I need to learn how to use my embroidery machine. It sat in the box until last week. It’s on the shelf now, but not plugged in. Baby steps.
- Photography – I have the fancy camera. It is past time to learn how to use it.
- Time management. Look at this list!