I’m kind of surprised, but I have kept up with blogging for an entire year. It has been fun, and a bit more work than I expected. It has also served to keep me motivated – I like to have something to share every week.
These are a few of my favorite finishes for the year.
After a year of blogging, I have learned some things.
- Participate in community events. This year I participated in the 2016 New Quilt Bloggers Blog Hop. It was very helpful, and a lot of fun.
- All of those articles about making money with my blog don’t really apply to me, and that is okay. I quilt for personal enjoyment, and that is also the reason I blog.
- Being a consistent blogger is important. When I lose track of my Friday posts I feel anxious.
- Participating in the quilting community takes effort. I’m not fantastic about commenting on blog posts or responding to comments on mine. I am working on that. Sometimes I spend so much time thinking about what to write, I lose track and write nothing.
- I need to do a better job of planning my post schedule, and then stick to it.
One thing I have used this year to help organize myself is my Quilter’s Planner. I’ve always been a paper calendar girl, ever since my mom bought me my first DayTimer (which I still have!) I haven’t taken full advantage of it this year, but I am getting better as time goes by.
Blog goals for 2017
- Improve my quilt photography
- Keep up with weekly posts
- Participate in more link ups
- Host a sew along
**Giveaway is now over. Thank you for playing. Congratulations to Marla from Penny Lane Quilts. **
For fun, I ordered a second Quilter’s Planner when I ordered my personal copy for 2017. I will be giving it away, along with a Quilter’s Planner mini. The giveaway opens today, and closes on 12/16/16, so that I have enough time to get it in the mail to you before Christmas. This giveaway is only open to US residents only.
One of my favorite features of the planner that I have not taken advantage of at all this year are the weekly block patterns. You can see them all here. I do believe I will be rectifying that situation this year.
To win your very own 2017 Quilters Planner, check out the 2016 block patterns and tell me which one is your favorite. Regatta has been nagging me for months – it wants to be a made and gifted this year. Use the Rafflecopter widget below to enter.