Today is the day! I am so excited to announce the opening of registration for the 2018 New Quilt Bloggers Blog Hop which I am co-hosting with Beth @CookingUpQuilts, Tish @Tishn’Wonderland, and Sandra @mmm! Quilts.
With the 7th annual New Quilt Bloggers Blog Hop we hope to provide advice, tech help, and introduce new quilters to the online community.
If you are a new quilt blogger and considering participating, the best part of the New Quilt Bloggers Blog Hop are the participants; in other words, you are the best part of the blog hop! Really!
You can read my first post from the 2016 hop here, and my 2017 post here. I’ve learned so much since my first time participating.
The hosts are here to provide guidance and occasionally we try to steer the ship, but the amazing value in this experience are the connections you will make with peers who are going through the same things that you are. Lifelong quilting friends can and have been made through this event in the past.
If you have questions you would like answered prior to registering, please feel free to leave a comment and I will do my best to answer your questions. Everyone will come with a different set of experiences, expertise, questions, and expectations, and I want to stress that this hop is to improve your blog, increase your blogging skills, and get more involved in the online quilting community. The focus is not on helping start up online businesses (note that online business owners with blogs that meet the criteria are welcome).
2018 New Quilt Bloggers Participation / Sign Up Criteria
The technical criteria to participate in the 2018 New Quilt Bloggers Blog Hop is as follows:
- If you have been blogging mainly about quilting (this is, after all, the New QUILT Bloggers Blog Hop),
- for more than 2 months and less than 3 years,
- writing at least 4 posts a month,
- are willing to agree to be actively involved in the blog hop through visiting and commenting on the other blogger’s hop posts,
- and are willing to participate in the group discussions by signing up to join Slack (available for desktop and as an app for mobile devices).
Please indicate your interest in joining by filling out the registration form by clicking the link or using the form below.
- Note that after you indicate your interest by filling out the registration form, you will not receive email confirmation until the beginning of March at the earliest.
- We will accept 100 participants for the blog hop this year. The sign-up form will be available until February 28th, 2018, or until we reach 100 participants.
- Participation in the blog hop will consist of a significant time commitment. We believe that the more time you can dedicate to the blog hop, the more you will get out of it.
- Tentative Schedule
- Early March: Welcome participants via E-mail and get everyone into the Slack group to facilitate and begin the conversations.
- March: Get to know one another through a series of weekly planned prompts through the Slack group.
- March: Optional structured blog critique groups will be conducted.
- April: First half (2 weeks) of blog hop.
- May: Second half (2 weeks) of blog hop.
Looking for Ways to Participate?
If you are an alumni or blogger who has been active for longer than 3 years, we would love to have you share information about this year’s New Quilt Bloggers Blog Hop so that as many new bloggers can be exposed to this opportunity as possible. We would also love to grow our list of Advice for New Bloggers posts. If you have previously written something or would like to write a post that we can link to about anything you wish you had known earlier in your blogging adventure, please contact myself, or any of the co-hosts by leaving a comment on either of our blogs or emailing us for further details.
Thank you to our Sponsors!
The 2018 New Quilt Bloggers Blog Hop is being sponsored by an awesome selection of companies, and we are excited to be partnered with: