As I had hoped, owning a longarm means my WIP (Work In Progress) pile is shrinking. I’ve been sorting through the bins in my closet, pulling out baby quilt panels to practice on. After 3, I decided it was time to do a larger piece.
This is a pattern from Rob Appel at Man Sewing. I did this using his method of creating my own template. I am not good at creating my own templates, so my points do not match up as they should. No worries – I have his acrylic template in my hot little hands now. My points will be good little soldiers next time.
Here is the finished quilt. I quilted it freehand. I had intended to use a ruler to make straight lines in the blue sections, but I tried and it was hard. That technique needs more practice, and I didn’t feel like going slowly. I like the way it turned out, especially that it is finished.
Quilting close up
I used a cotton blend batting from Fairfield. The backing is a few pieces from my stash.
It finished around 60″ square. I measured, but neglected to write it down before giving it away. Bad blogger.
This quilt has been donated to the New Jersey Modern Quilt Guild and will be given to someone who lost their home in a recent fire in Ocean Grove, New Jersey.
I’m linking up with Jen at The Inquiring Quilter for her Wednesday Wait Loss linky party. Thanks for hosting, Jen!
And here is a photo of Oscar, helping me put on the binding.
Linking up to Main Crush Monday with Cooking Up Quilts.