What originally looked like just a few hours of piecing ended taking me several days. For some reason, life just declines to cooperate with my plans.
My sons were kind enough to stand on the patio wall so I could get a photo of the entire top. I love how the color changes with the sunlight. We could use a little work on our technique, but I am happy they were willing to help at all. I wonder if my husband would notice if I installed some eye bolts and pulleys on the side of the house.
I was really meticulous putting this top together – I pinned a lot more than usual, and picked out a few seams where my corners weren’t close enough to perfect for me. The result is that they all look crooked, and I can’t tell if it is the quilt or me.
Sometimes I find it very hard to set a project aside while I’m fired up, but this project is teaching me to slow down. I feel great satisfaction with just achieving the task assigned by Yvonne, snapping some photos, and folding it and putting it away. It is now sitting quietly in its drawer, waiting patiently to be basted and quilted.
It gives my two other machine projects a chance to advance as well, rather than the usual stack of blocks shoved into a box in the closet and forgotten for years.
I sincerely hope Yvonne has some awesome basting suggestions. My usual technique is pin basting on the floor. That was fine in my 20’s, but it is getting harder and harder. I’m not sure how much my family enjoys me spending a day with my butt up in the air in the living room.