I’ve had movers here today, packing up my house to prepare for a move next week. My studio is packed up, part of it is at the new house, part still in the current house. I have done very little quilting this week. I’m a sad quilter.
I was able to spend a few hours working on La Passion over the past two weeks, but that is about it. The beauty of English Paper Piecing is that it is just so portable. Also, my husband understands that La Passion stays with me, never in a box. I’m paranoid, but if something happened to it I would immediately go berserk.
I’m hoping that next week will be a fun look at setting up a new studio. For now, here are some interim photos. (The spot on the window is a bird house. Cross your fingers!) Obviously, my main priority in moving is making sure my studio is set up properly. I packed it up and moved most of it over in my car. Unfortunately, my college boy decided to take a summer class to get away from me, so my main set of muscles is off studying chemistry while I lug stuff around.
We did have a fun nature event while packing last week. There was a beehive swarm in my yard. Initially it looked like a tornado of bees, and sounded like someone was running a hundred hair dryers in the yard. I called a beekeeper to come get them, and we were lucky enough to have them coalesce on a tree, close to the ground. No one was stung, and I was able to get some great photos.
If you are ever in such a situation, do a google search for local bee keepers. They will come and get the bees at no charge, and are happy to do it. I’m so glad I saw them before someone else did and called an exterminator. I plan on doing a small wall quilt to commemorate the event, using Badskirt’s Hexagon Bee pattern.
The bee hive swarm was especially appropriate, as I am now in a “hive” of new quilt bloggers, as part of the 2016 New Quilt Bloggers Blog Hop. My hive is The Sewcial Network. We have been working together to critique each others blogs. Hopefully my blog will become more user friendly and appealing over the next two months.
This is our hive button, designed by the talented Beth at Plaid & Paisley. So far I’ve gotten some great tips that I have yet to use on the blog. I’ll get there, don’t worry. After learning to make a button, I actually designed a Dizzy Quilter logo. Now if I could only figure out how to get it into the banner…